A Q&A with:
- Navid Jam, director of security consulting services at Mandiant.
- Daimon Geopfert, national leader of security and privacy consulting at RSM.
- Darin Bielby, managing director of disputes and investigations at Navigant
- Bill Hardin, vice president of forensics services at Charles River Associates
- Jason Smolanoff, managing director, global practice leader of cyber security and investigations at Kroll
- Austin Murphy, director of incident response for Crowdstrike
Forensics firms play a vital role in any data loss incident, helping the breached organization determine exactly what went wrong, assess the scope of the damage, and, in conjunction with a Breach Coach®’s efforts, take steps to remediate the problem. We spoke with leading forensics experts about dos and don’ts for an optimal forensics process.